Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Inner Turmoil

On the outside
I appear happy and content,
While inside
A war wages within.

These past few weeks
As I've sat and recovered,
My mind has been busy,
Working overtime to come to grips
With aspects of my life
I have no control over.

I seek for solace, compassion
Yet I find only turmoil
And unanswered questions.

I pray for strength,
Yet I feel so weak and out of
Control.

My mind resolves itself
To finding solutions,
My hands come up empty,
My emotions spent.

I care so deeply
Despite trying to turn my heart
Cold and disinterested.

Time is no longer an ally,
But an enemy
As each day that passes is one more
I cannot regain.

I have no more answers now
Than I did a month ago,
And more questions now
Than I did back then.

And the clock keeps ticking....

1 comment:

RainbowDemon1952 said...

Autumn, thanks for the kind words. This second surgery did not go anywhere near as well as the first one did. I've had a lot of pain and discomfort, and therapy has been slower. Why, I have no idea. I'm going to try in the next few days to sit back down and do some serious writing. A combination of pain and pain medications has kind of limited me, but I'm feeling the usage of my hands getting better and I'm feeling more in my head like I'm getting ready to get back with it again. Also, I sure miss new additions on your site as well. Your fans are missing your words, I assure you of that. Once again, thanks, and I hope to be back at it very soon now. Peace!

Charlie, aka RD1952