Saturday, May 27, 2006

Believing In An Old Promise

A guiding star once rose in the east
Showing the way to those seeking the truth
And the promise that created the answer
Man had seeked thoughout the centuries.

Blood was shed in the past, blood continued to be shed
In that present time,
And finally blood was shed
For the salvation of all mankind.

False gods, demonic leaders of violence
Misguided masses continue even unto
This day.

The ultimate promise made,
The ultimate price paid,
Yet for so many that seek the truth
It still wasn't enough.

And mankind still follows blindly
The teachings of those whose only promise
Is the bloodshed of the innocent.

How can good be found in the greed
Of the insane, who hide and command others
To destroy and give up their own lives
As the evil ones pull the strings of their
Ignorant puppets?

The promise of the lamb has been fulfilled
Yet so few follow that promise and seek
Its comfort.

The promise of a second coming
Though not yet fulfilled,
Is a promise that only can be coming
As the word has taught us
And we have seen accomplished up until now.

The bird of peace shall come
When time is right,
The king shall sit at the throne
And only the blood of the evil shall be spilled.

And those who are misguided into believing
That it's better to reign in Hell
Than to serve in Heaven
Will truly have their eyes opened
When the final days arrive
And the followers of the word
Shall receive their just rewards.

I trust I shall be there.

10 comments:

Serena said...

From one old hippie to another, that's some beautiful poetry.

RainbowDemon1952 said...

Wow, what a nice comment, and a quick one to boot. I just made this blog and within minutes you've left me such a kind comment. I sincerely appreciate it. I hope I continue to find that audience that enjoys the ramblings of an old hippie, and I'm bookmarking your site as well so that I might read what you have written as well. Always glad to run into another "old" hippie, although the picture I'm seeing doesn't appear to me to be someone that could be considered old.
Once again, thanks so much for the kind words, and I will be checking out your site very soon.
Peace!
Charlie/aka RainbowDemon1952

Serena said...

No kidding? It's a brand new blog? I was perusing the "Next Blog" feature from my own, and yours was the only one that really struck me. I didn't even notice it was new. So, anyway, nice to meet you, Charlie. Thanks very much for the picture comment. If the date in your user name is your birth year, I'm a year older than you. LOL.

RainbowDemon1952 said...

You're very welcome, and yep, that's the year...you sure don't look to be a year older than myself...must be that good clean living in the beautiful state of Virginia, which I have to admit is one of my favorite states to visit on vacation. Gotta love that Skyline Drive and the Shenandoah National Park! Anyway, thanks once again for the kind comments, hope to have you back again soon!
Charlie

Serena said...

Hello again, and thanks again. I see you do know VA, albeit I'm quite a ways south of Skyline and Shenandoah. You should visit my "Rainbow" board; link on my blog. We have a few old hippies, a bunch of good writers, and a whole lot of friendly people.

RainbowDemon1952 said...

Serena, Thanks for the invite, I'll be sure and check it out. And yeah, I know a bit about Virginia, been there several times since 1976, driven the entire Skyline Drive and picked up the Blue Ridge Parkway and drove it thru all the way to Cherokee, North Carolina. Beautiful state you live in. Hope to get back there again someday. And I will check out the link on your site, I promise.
Charlie

Serena said...

I'll look forward to seeing you Over the Rainbow, Charlie. By the way, I absolutely loved reading about Summer Heat. It brought on a big case of nostalgia.

RainbowDemon1952 said...

That's far out to hear, Serena! There's more to come about Summer Heat, that has gone 5 chapters so far, and there's at least 3 or 4 more to go, if not more, depending on how I write about it. Glad you enjoyed that, too! It was an amazing time back then, a magical time, and I was so lucky to have gotten to be aboard for the ride. Hope you get a chance to read more of my entries, some I really like, others I'm not sure are that good, but the need to write comes along and I just let my fingers do their thing on the keyboard and see what happens.
If you get a chance, check out the entries from one of my readers, Mea. This gal is on fire with her poetry and she really excites me with her words and her style. Hope you get a chance to check her out.
Thanks once again, and you can be sure the RainbowDemon will be checking out Over the Rainbow very, very soon!
Peace and keep on rockin'!
Charlie, aka RainbowDemon1952

Serena said...

It was a magical time, for sure, and I'm really glad that the 60s were my growing-up years. Hey, I can't seem to find any link to get to Mea's blog. I'd really like to read her work if you can point me in the right direction.

Peace and rock on.

RainbowDemon1952 said...

It's twolittlebluehorizons.blogspot.com/

She's an amazing poet, writes a lot of really emotionally charged pieces that just burn into your mind. Hope you enjoy her work...seriously, some of the best poetry I've read in years.
Peace!