Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Arrival Of Autumn

My child, my child,
Run
Depart and be
Free
Let go of what you never held onto
Aim higher
Desire more
And reap the rewards of your venture.
You cannot lose
What you never had
You can't create love
In a vacuum
Where love does not reside.
Break the chains that bind you
Escape the torment you allow yourself
To endure.
Set your sights upon higher ground
And attain the greater rewards
That await you after your climb
Out of the pit of living hell
You've allowed yourself to become
A prisoner to.
A rainbow awaits you
After this storm passes
And leaves you the promise
Of better days ahead.
Free your heart
Free your mind
And allow yourself to
Live.
It's all in your hands,
It's all in your power,
You only need to be bold
And take the first step.
Onward!

4 comments:

Serena said...

Wow! I really like that a lot. It says a lot, and says it so poignantly.

RainbowDemon1952 said...

Thanks, Serena. Just a message of support for a very dear friend of mine. This one just flowed out, no hesitation, no searching for words, just a great creative flow that almost surged. Been a while since one came this easily to me. Hope that's a sign of many more to come.

Mea said...

OH DEAR CHARLIE i am quite literally shreeking with delight as my two lil ones aks "what, what mom.. what what".
I .. I.... Well I just simply cannot, and do not know what to say.
Thanks doesnt even seem to cut it.. telling you im honored seems lacking. WOW.. Im going to have to go back and read this again... and perhaps copllect my thoughts and wait till my joy subsides and head clears to comment further.. I LOVE IT... ohhhhh hun thanks soooo much.. i cnat believ it,... wow.. WOW.. *skips off*

RainbowDemon1952 said...

Autumn, my dear and sweet special friend. I am so glad you finally stumbled upon this poem I wrote for you several weeks ago. I hope you find the words of encouragement as something to help you get thru a difficult and confusing time in your life. That is certainly how I intended it to be.
This poem came so quickly when I sat down that day all those weeks ago and it was written in a matter of just a few short moments. The words came from deep within me as words sometimes do when you care about someone and need to convey to them exactly how you feel about something going on in their life.
I'm so pleased it touched you, and I hope when you reread it you will discover the heartfelt emotion that accompanied it the day I wrote it for you.
Those words hold true, my special and caring friend. Hold them in your heart and follow them if you can, because, truly, Autumn, you are one in a billion and friend I deeply treasure.
Take care, Hon!
Charlie