Saturday, November 25, 2006

Desert Journey

We travelled thru the desert,
Crystalized sand seeping down into our shoes
Creating its own tiny universe in the folds of our feet.

Moving ever forward, slowly trudging thru the entrapment
Under foot.
Traversing thru mile after heated mile
Seeking escape
Seeking new life
Casting the old one behind like an abandoned pet,
Trying not to look back, trying to forget,
Trying to metamorphosize.

Blinded by the sands as winds carry it aloft,
Driving the particles deep into our skin
Little cuts appearing, blood quickly clotting
Scars embedded
As a reminder to us forever
That we escaped
But we left behind another life
In another time
In another world
Someday to be forgotten
Forever.

The desert journey
Becomes a
Cleansing force, driving out the maddening demons of the past
Perpetuating a change
Needed,
Desired,
Sought
and manipulated.

Our heads rise as we move out of the desert
And back into a new town
A new place
A new beginning
A new origin
A swirling genesis
Of being
and of
Becoming.

Forward we move.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is.... this is... *sits back and gasps somehow but yet still out of breath*
I am not just saying this...... this is by far... wow.. one of your VERY bests!!! VERY BEST... I had to read it a few times, not to understand, no to just let myself go through all the emeotions i do when I read this. I feel these words leap.... they cascade of the screen and into my heart and soul.
Thanks soooo much for this.. wow

just
wow
Autumn

RainbowDemon1952 said...

Wow, thanks for the wonderful comments, Autumn. I don't know if I'm worthy of all that praise, but thanks so much. The good news is, there's more of those locked inside my head, and if I can just get them to flow out more often and thru my fingers and onto the keyboard, I'll be sharing more of them with all of you.
Thanks again for being such a cherished friend and for being such a wonderful supporter to me.
Charlie