Monday, October 13, 2008

Quite A Monday We Have Had




Quite a day today for myself and darling bride Peggy.

Thru the efforts of one of our board members on the Riverside Park Summer Concert Series, we have secured our stage sponsor for the 2009 season. This will give our sponsor the naming rights for the stage during the entire 2009 season.

While we are awaiting official word to be given, I would like to at least post pictures of the partner of this sponsor on my page. Indeed, this man is Rupert Bonham of CBS' Survivor fame.

Today, he and his partner were in Rushville to present their sponsorship check and to have their photos taken to publicly announce their sponsorship for the 2009 season.

Not only was Rupert the perfect gentleman and quite the conversationalist, he was also very polite and allowed all of us there to have our picture taken with him. This was a very thrilling moment for Peggy and myself because Rupert has always been our favorite from all the seasons of Survivor and it was grand to finally get to meet this million dollar winner, shake his hand and have our picture taken with him.

Yes, indeed, quite a moment for us on our vacation!

Also, it occurred to me that up until now I had never posted a picture of my wife of over thirty years, Peggy, until today. So, yes, indeed, this is the woman who blessed my life all those many years ago when she said yes when I asked her to marry me.

1 comment:

Leigh Lundin said...

Sheesh, Peggy is a whole lot better looking than both you guys!

According to my calculations, I last saw Charlie 42 years ago and while I don't remember what Charlie back then looked like, I'm pretty sure you're not the same guy.

(laughing)