Tuesday, December 09, 2008

3 1/2 And Counting

The holiest of holidays approaches
And what I wouldn't give
To spend that time
With loved ones
Who departed this life
Years ago

As I sit dreaming of such a reunion
Alive and well
I can't understand
The apathy
Of those who seek
To rob the gift of love
From those who fantasize
Of sharing the love
From those too selfish
And who don't even
Care.

There are those
Who do relish
A sharing
A caring
With no strings attached
And it is with those
Whom I now
Let into my heart
For they seek not to hurt
But to give.

2 comments:

Tracy Flynn Art said...

Amen!.

Charlie, that is one of my new favourite poems/sayings/quotes.

This quote hangs on the wall of my studio:

" The friends that we have lost do not repose in the bosom of the earth,but are buried deep in our hearts; and it has been thus ordained, that we may always be accompanied by them."

It is from one of my favourite books, The Count of Monte Cristo, and with your permission I would like to print a copy of yours to hang with it.

Thanks, your friend

Tracy

RainbowDemon1952 said...

Permission granted, without thought or reservation. I thank you, Tracy, for the kind comments and the accolades, but more than that, I thank you for our friendship, which means far more to me than you can possibly imagine.
Peace and God bless!
Charlie