Saturday, September 05, 2009

Tragic Semi-Loss

I learned a couple of weeks ago that someone I had known years ago but hadn't seen in quite a few years had passed away, and they passed away alone and were not found for several days. I found about their passing six months after it had happened.

No, we weren't close, we may not have even been considered friends anymore, but I still feel a loss here, and it has bothered me a lot since I learned of her passing.

She had had some personal problems over the years. She had some health issues, some mental issues, but she was still a human being and she had feelings and it bothers me that she died all alone and that it took three days for someone to realize something was wrong.

She was probably the first true love in my life, and was a very important part of my latter teenage years for the better part of a year and a half, and to know that she's gone, frankly bothers me in ways I can't begin to describe.

I probably hadn't crossed her mind in a lot of years, but I thought of her occasionally and wondered how she was, where she was and if she had ever found her happiness she was seeking.

I hope she has now.

1 comment:

Rufus Goofus said...

Sorry but neglected to express my sympathy for your semi-loss.

Yep, a person never forgets that first true love. The heart flutter. The anticipation. The exhilaration of laying eyes on him or her when finally making contact.

You always wonder if it would have ever worked in the long run??? Ahh, what could have been . . .