Thursday, August 05, 2010

Something Rare

For anyone who really knows me, they know it is indeed my thing to take a vacation in late winter, a week in May for Indy 500 practice, and a two week vacation in October. Rarely do I take a vacation any other time of year.

This year, though, I decided to take a week off in August, knowing that the Indiana State Fair is held at that time.

That vacation begins tomorrow evening after work.

On Monday, August 9, I will be attending my 18th KISS concert at the fair. It will be the first time KISS has ever played the State Fair. Weather forecast is for partly sunny skies and temps in the 90's. Yeah, hot as hell, but dry. Looking forward to it.

I'm also toying with the idea of going to the Slippery Noodle in Indy one night and catch some live blues.

My much better half unfortunately will not be joining me on this vacation, since she will be working the majority of the week.

I'm simply looking forward to getting away from work with all the crap that is going on there right now. I NEED to get away for a few days and this vacation should present me with some much needed r and r.

And then, when that vacation is over next weekend, I will start looking forward to my two week vacation in October with my wonderful wife.

Ah, such is life, vacation mixed in amongst the responsibilities of life.

No comments: