Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Fall Vacation Approacheth


As I write this, approximately three and half weeks are between me and my fall vacation, which is my favorite vacation of the year. There are several reasons why I love this vacation the most.

Number one, it's my favorite season of the year, and it never lasts long enough.

Number two, it's a two week vacation.

Number three, my much better half and I become pretty much inseparable during this two week time off from work.

We will be spending one night at Sybaris, and if there are any of my Faithful Few out there who don't know what Sybaris is, let's just say it has been voted the most romantic getaway in the United States.

Each suite is its own building. Depending on which suite you get, there are different things in the different types of suites. The one we love to stay in, which is the Paradise Swimming Pool Suite, we have our own killer stereo system, his and her sinks, a kitchenette, full bath with bidet, our own hottub, steam room and swimming pool, which is heated to 94 degrees.

That pool has a waterfall over it, the suite comes with a bottle of champagne on ice sitting next to the huge king size bed and two glasses, twin terry cloth robes on the bed and a telephone that only calls the front desk. It is a total escape from reality, which I think every couple needs to do every once in a while, and Peggy and I usually take this special trip each October.

If you would like to see more of this remarkable place, check it out at www.sybaris.com. You won't believe such a place exists just an hour or so away from us.

I'm also hoping to take us both to the Slippery Noodle for a night of good food, good music and great live blues. If Peggy enjoys it enough that first week, we'll probably go back the second week as well.

We will be doing some mini day trips around the state to visit some of our favorite fall places, but most of all, we will be sharing this entire time together.

Now, if the next three and a half weeks will just get by quickly and those two weeks of vacation take their time going by.

Also this year, Peggy and I will be discussing my future with the Post Office and if indeed I will retire before this year ends. I hope the good Lord shows me a way to make this happen, because even though my job still means the world to me, I truly think there are things happening in my life right now that are telling me it's probably time to bring this career of mine to an end.

So, come on calendar, and let's get to October already, PLEASE???

No comments: