Friday, June 17, 2011

Stanza Thirty Five

In a crowded room,
I am alone.
Standing with my friends,
laughing, partying
And living the life
Of the carefree,
I am alone.
As I work each day,
As I breathe each day,
As I stand and smile,
Play and imagine,
And live the life
Of a happy man,
I am alone.

In my thoughts,
I am alone.
In my dreams,
Vivid as they are,
I am alone.

As I stand among the masses,
As I walk with the flow of the crowd,
I am alone.

With my arm around the shoulder
Of my comrade,
As we laugh,
As we bond
And as we communicate as two should do,
I am alone.

They smile with me,
They laugh with me,
We work together,
We laugh together,
We struggle thru life's adventures
together...

Yet,
I am alone.

I don't do being a son
Very well.

I don't do being a brother
So well.

As a friend, I doubt that I
Derserved much bragging.

As a father
I was never given a
Chance
Therefore, I was a
Failure
Despite my years of
Trying
And my years of believing.

Alone,
I do well.

Alone
I do great.

In a crowded life
Stifling
With no privacy
And with no
Silence...

I stand alone.

And there,
I shall always
Remain.

One, in solidarity.

One, with pride.

One,
Who stands,
Alone.

Forever...

No comments: