Thursday, September 29, 2011

One Final Day

I waited on my final customer today at the Rushville Post Office. Right at 4PM on the dot, a nice young lady handed me two letters, asked me two questions and then asked if this was my last day at work.

I told her it was my last day on the window and she would no doubt be my last customer, EVER!

And she was.

Now, tomorrow lies ahead, my final cash audit, turning in my keys, my government ID and then a little fellowship with my fellow workers.

I'm still in a bit of disbelief that it's all over in less than 24 hours from now.

I'm elated, morose, happy, sad, excited and worried.

All at the same time.

Somebody pinch me, I don't think this is really happening to me!~

1 comment:

ryseja said...

I remember when you stated there after the insurance gig. I said you were a g-man. Geez time goes too fast!