Monday, August 06, 2012

FINALLY!!!

At long last, after over 11 weeks with only two small rain showers that accumulated a total of three tenths of an inch of rain, yesterday morning early, a thunderstorm went thru and dumped an inch of rain on us.

Now, that's not a lot, considering we are nearly 11 inches behind where we should be, but at this point in time, an inch of rain is a blessing from God above. I don't know how much of that will make its way down into our well, but it's got to at least help a little.

Our corn crops in the state are devastated, we are in an exceptional drought condition, which is by far the worst drought we have seen in my lifetime, but at least this shows us there is a bit of hope that more will come later on this week.

We've set a record number of days with triple digit temperatures and we just had the hottest month EVER in the state of Indiana.

And August has just begun, and that is usually a very hot and dry month.

I would also like to add a totally unrelated postscript here at the end, but I have been working on something very special and near and dear to my heart, and something I have wanted to do for a very long time. Very shortly it will be appearing on here and I hope my Faithful Few enjoy it and find something very special about it.

Thanks, and thanks to God above for the inch of rain yesterday.

Now, dear Sir, could you please send us a bunch more?

No comments: