Friday, April 19, 2013

8 Years





Eight years ago today I began this adventure called blogging when I set out and typed my very first entry for this page. Since that time I've gone thru spells where I couldn't spend enough time blogging or I spent too much time blogging.

I've met some amazing people thru my blogging and I've gone thru some lessons in human relations as well.

Thru it all, though, I think I'm a better person, a better listener, a better person to share with and hopefully a bit of a better writer of sorts.

It never ceases to amaze me that some people take every entry seriously and think it's all about you, or in some really weird and extreme cases, they think every entry is about them. Trust me, nothing could be further from the truth.

However, that's part of the fun, too, because how many different views one single entry can have makes the writing of them even more fun, actually.

I can tell you that my "Remembering Summer Heat" entries has one, possibly two blogs left in the series. I hope to be tying that one up the near future, but I want the last one or two to be particularly special, since they will be coming to a close.

I have recently written several entries based upon down moods I was in and decided to put them in the trashcan, because, even tho they caught the temperment I was experiencing at the time, I decided I didn't want my Faithful Few to see that rarely exposed side of me.

I will say that one of the things I wrote quite in depth about was the massacre at Sandy Hook, and how I've seen hundreds of posts regarding "gun control" but probably less than twenty postings about the children that were senselessly murdered.

What a reflection on what our society has become. The satirical movie "Natural Born Killers" just seems to me to be more closely related to reality than fiction.

I am finished talking about that, but I'm sure if you stop and think about it, you'll realize that I'm right. I'm sick of hearing about guns and gun control especially by people who have their heads stuck so deep up their owns asses they can't even begin to see the reality of the truth of the situation.

There, enough of that...

Anyway, this blogging adventure will continue, not on a regular schedule, but on the same haphazzard way of publishing I've done it for the past eight years.

After all, that's part of the adventure!

No comments: