Saturday, August 17, 2013

What A Glorious Evening Of REAL Music





A few years ago, my good friend John and I had the pleasure of going to the world famous Slippery Noodle Inn in Indianapolis and seeing the Grady Champion Revue. I walked out of there that night humbled by this amazing young man and his band and the awesome job they did that night. Grady is a tremendous entertainer and one of the best harmonica players I have ever seen perform. Since that time, I have bragged him up and down and have told many who would listen, just how talented this young man truly is. I only wished I could have shared that evening with others.

In this day of everyone and their brother thinking they have musical talent and playing the bar and club scene, it's so cool when you run across someone who truly does possess a one of a kind talent and who truly deserves the accolades they receive.

Luckily, this past Thursday evening, once again Grady and his band were back at the Slippery Noodle and myself, John, two wonderful friends, Dana and Tracy and my darling bride of 35 1/2 years got to see him and I got to share this special evening with my wife and my friends.

His performance exceeded my expectations, as he now not only sings and plays his harmonica, but he has also started playing the guitar on a lot of his music. To say he delivered a fantastic 4 hour set would be a gross understatement!

As luck would have it, we arrived at the Noodle early enough that we ran into him before his set started and he took the time to visit with us for about 15 minutes. Visiting with him on his breaks also added to the evening's fun.

This was his last show on the road for a short break and he told us they had been travelling for the past six weeks or so and they were all looking forward to heading home for a short break.

I'm already anticipating the next time he's at the Noodle because I can assure you, we will once again be going and I hope even more of our friends can join us for an incredible evening of live blues.

Grady is indeed a class act and the real deal!

No comments: