Thursday, July 10, 2014

Halfway Down?

How did it become July 10th? I mean, it just seems like last week my friend Joe and I went to the Indy 500...and the 4th of July was almost a week ago...how did that happen and where have I been? In two weekends, Joe and I, along with Taco, will be heading to the Brickyard 400, and a week later the Moto GP...a month after that is Labor Day, and although a lot of nice weather is still in store after Labor Day, but Labor Day is the ceremonial farewell to Summer...how is this happening so quickly? Winter sure never went by this fast.

So many things I had planned have been left undone and not happened because of health reasons, but it instills in my mind that there's still plenty of Summer left to enjoy and enjoy to the fullest. I don't feel the best in the world, but I'm not going to let that stand in my way of enjoying the rest of this summer...

After all, as Summer winds down the greatest month of the year opens up, October, and the glorious Fall days lie ahead to yet enjoy...

I won't think of Winter now...

Not yet, regardless of how I feel.

Slow down, Summer...there's much to do yet.

No comments: