Saturday, July 29, 2006

A Level Of Sanity Returning

Okay, I know, eighteen days between entries...my, how the time hasn't flown by!

Hopefully, though, things will now begin to get better.

I'm thru wearing the aircast, I'm off the narcotic pain meds, and thankfully, after a couple of really lousy weeks at work, I'm on vacation and one I'm really needing.

Things at work, let's just say they haven't been the best as of late. I won't get into any reasons right now, but let's just say that dedication and loyalty sometimes get you absolutely no where and sometimes those who try the least and do even less manage to make great strides. THAT is all I'm going to say about that!

I have a few days now to get my self back under control and sit back and see things in a different perspective. The first half of this vacation I'm taking alone, simply because my wife has decided to save vacation time and only take off the latter part of the week. This will give me some time to do a few things I need to do basically for myself.

Breaking an already sprained ankle has taken a toll not only physically on me, but mentally as well. I'm behind on a lot of things this year because of both injuries, and I hope to get a few of those things caught up this next week.

I plan on spending a lot of hours on that new motorscooter that I bought this year, and hopefully become more acquainted and aclimated to it. The possiblity still exists that just maybe I can get enough seat time on it to be able to take my skills test this year and get my motorcycle operator endorsement on my license.

My usual annual trip to the Speedway is not going to happen, as I outlined in a previous blog. I won't miss the crowd, but I will miss the chance to see the Nextel Cup drivers and I will miss seeing a friend I made at the Speedway years ago.

Hopefully, though, after this week off, I can get my mind back on track and get my karma back under control.

And just maybe I can start smiling again and really mean it.

4 comments:

Serena said...

Very briefly, let me just say -- Have a hell of a great vacation, Charlie! You've earned it.

RainbowDemon1952 said...

Thanks so much, Serena! And let me just say that so far it's been a really good one.

Mea said...

I hope that all is well and that you are having oh so much fun. I miss your regular entries and hope to read more soon.Know that you are in my thoughts dear friend!!

RainbowDemon1952 said...

Thanks, Mea, and hopefully things will start getting back to a more normal pace for me. This has been quite a year, with two surgeries and a sprained ankle and a broken ankle. Hopefully things are back to a more normal pace for me now and I'll be posting much more regularly. Glad to see you back to posting again as well.
RD1952