Saturday, March 13, 2010

Oooops!

One week ago this past Thursday a really strange thing happened to me. I was up and out of bed, grabbing some meds out of the cabinet, and I sneezed.

Next thing I know, I'm on the floor, on my knees, holding my left side, seeing stars and unable to breathe of talk.

Yeah, it was one hell of a sneeze, gang!

After struggling thru the day at work on that Thursday and discovering that night that I was unable to lie down in bed to sleep, I went to see the doc on Friday morning and discovered I had either pulled a muscle in my ribcage or ruptured it. The doc gave me some meds to help with the pain and discomfort and put me off work that day which allowed me three days in a row to take care of myself.

I'm sad to report that we are now a week and two days past said incident and the pain is still present and I am still unable to lie down to sleep. I have spent the past nine nights sitting in the recliner in an effort to sleep.

It hurts to sit, it hurts to stand, but it's impossible to lie down without it feeling like I'm ripping my insides out. It's painful to sit here in front of the computer, which is why I have had but one brief update in the past week.

With a couple of days lying (pun intended) before me, I'm hoping a couple of more days of taking it easy will do the trick and I'll feel better by Monday morning. If not, I would imagine another trip to the doctor will be in order. This has been a very strange incident indeed caused by one stinking sneeze.

Anyway, please hang in there with me, I haven't given up writing, have some great ideas I'm ready to work with, just can't sit here long enough to get them done.

Just remember to be careful the next time you feel a sneeze coming on.

No comments: