Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Another Hill Needs Climbing

There are times in our lives when several things of a detrimental nature seem to band together and attack us all at once.

I seem to be going thru a period like that right now.

Sometimes there are things we can handle and discuss. Other times there are things we wish not to discuss.

One thing that is going on with me right now is a deep concern for my wife.

She is the most unselfish person I have ever known, so when I discovered last night that she was having a biopsy done today and hadn't told me so she would save me the worry, I thought to myself how very much like her that is.

I did some talking and explaining at work today, and my boss and a couple of my co workers did some scheduling changes and covered five of my hours today so that I could take Peggy to the doctor to have this procedure done.

After it was over, I'm sure she was glad that I took that time off. She's in a great deal of pain tonight and has slept several hours in the living room, her body trying to recover from what it had to endure today.

Now, the waiting has started. Seven to ten days from now, hopefully we will receive good news and hear that all is benign. That is my hope and that is my prayer.

Right now, everything else that is going on in my life seems trivial. Those other things matter to me, but right now, the center of my life is finding out that Peggy is fine and is going to be fine.

So, I wait, and I worry.

Just like she knew I would.

1 comment:

ryseja said...

Charlie, I am beaming my positive thoughts your way. It's tough being in your shoes. I hope the trail to the top of your hill is clear. Tell Peggy she's in my thoughts.