Monday, November 01, 2010

I Approve This Positive Message


I look at the election this year in a totally different way than I have before.

As always, I try and figure out who the best candidate is for the job and give them my vote. I'm probably about as middle of the road as you can get and that usually ends up with me voting a split ticket. Not very often have I ever voted a straight party ticket.

Like a lot of registered voters this year, I'm pretty much sick of all the "politicians" who are running most forms of our government, whether it be on a national, state or local level. Partisan politics is more and more rampant than ever, and the negative campaiging being done by so many of the politicians at all levels truly sickens me beyond words.

This year, as in past years, I voted early. I do this for a couple of reasons. One is to avoid having to get up early on election day and stand outside the polls before they open in Indiana's unpredictable weather. The other reason is so I can turn a deaf ear and a blind eye to all the corrupt political adverstising.

I have taken special note this year and have taken tabs on all the negative ads and which party has run the most. Since I started doing this I have to say that the most negative ads I have seen myself have been from the Republicans, with the Democrats running a close second.

I have yet to see one negative ad by the Liberterian party.

Not one.

I hear a lot of people saying they never vote for a Liberterian, regardless of their qualifications, because voting for them is the waste of a vote.

I totally disagree with that statement.

Your vote is your vote and it is a statement of how you feel and who you would like to see running our government at all levels. Regardless if that person running wins or not, if you feel that they are the best candidate for the job, then that person deserves your vote.

That vote is not wasted when you do that.

To me, the only votes being wasted are the ones that aren't being cast.

Think of that when you go to vote, or if you're thinking about not voting.

I not only voted, but I took that thought with me and remembered it while casting my vote this year.

Don't waste your vote.

Cast it and cast it for who you think will truly represent you the best and keep your best interests in mind.

Get out and vote, Faithful Few!

No comments: