Monday, January 03, 2011

Thursday Verdict?


Not sure what is going to happen Thursday when I go back to see the surgeon, but I can tell you this much. After my final therapy session today, at least the final one before I go see the surgeon, the pain seems to me to be about the same as it was before. I'm not saying the therapy hasn't done some good, but the pain I'm in doesn't make me feel like we've accomplished a great deal the past four weeks or so.

But, that's for the surgeon to decide.

The pain in the shoulder is real, that much I am sure of.

The therapist told me that transferred pain from the C6 vertabrae is not tender to the touch. This pain in my shouler is intense during therapeutic massage, so there's something wrong in the shoulder, too.

I guess final word rests with the doctor on Thursday, but this much I do know: I can't take much more of this pain and the sleepless nights it is causing.

Whatever his diagnosis is, I only hope good news awaits.

My generally good nature is far from good right now, believe me.

No comments: