Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Recovery Update





Forgive me for not adding sooner than I have, but limited to using my left hand when I'm right handed makes this a real chore.

I had a follow up appointment with Dr Kollias yesterday and found out that I had a complete rotator cuff tear and not a partial. The entire tendon was torn.

The doctor removed the dressing, all five incisions are healing nicely, the stitches have been absorbed and there is still some minor swelling. I will be in my sling until April 13th which is the date of my first physical therapy appointment. Five days after that, April 18th, I will return to work with restrictions until July 2nd, when I should be able to return to full duty.

I am continuing with home therapy three times daily and had my exercises increased as well. The doctor is real pleased with my progress in this area, too.

I'm still sleeping sitting in the recliner, which sucks, but trying to lie down is much too painful.

Boredom increases with each passing day.

Peggy continues to be a wonderful and patient nurse but I'm sure I'm testing that patience.

I hate being such a burden.

That's all for now.

My thanks to you all for the personal inquiries and the words of encouragement so many of you have been sending. I cherish each one of those messages and they do indeed help in the healing process.

Thanks for not forgetting about me.

Each one of you mean the world to me and I appreciate your thoughts, prayers and support.

Until next time!

No comments: