Wednesday, January 18, 2012

there's not enough time...


















I'm a tad over a month away from turning 60 years old.

I don't know how that happened. I don't know where the years have gone, I don't know how I have gotten this far in my life when, as a teen, I didn't think I would ever live to see 30...

and several times I didn't...

However, should the good Lord above see to it, on February 25th, I will, indeed, turn 60.

When I was younger, 60 seemed old. Matter of fact, it was an accomplisment.

My grandmother on my Dad's side died when she was 68, and though I was only 7 years old at the time of her death, she seemed so old to me. My grandfather on my Dad's side died a few years later at the age of 72. Again, an age at the time that seemed old to me.

Hell, I have friends that are between 75 and 80 years old and they seem like they are my age...

A reminder to me that this life is not forever.

Personally, I don't feel like I'm about to turn 60 and I sure as hell don't feel like I am going to...

But I feel like I need to mend some fences that have needed mending for years.

Do I miss my youth? Hell, of course I do?

I miss my friends.

I flash back to the line from Stand By Me, the movie based on Stephen King's The Body of "I never had any better friends than those I had when I was twelve years old...Hell, does anyone?"

I don't know that any truer statement has ever been written.

So, as each day in this life passes, I yearn to mend those fences, spend time with loved ones, friends, people I haven't seen in years, and I long to continue to share the music I love with so many...

I don't know that I'll ever be blessed with enough time to get all of that done, but I sure as hell am going to try.

Yeah,

There's not enough time left...

No comments: