Sunday, January 01, 2012

Awesome New Years Eve

















On New Years Eve we got to witness the swearing in of the new Rushville Common Council and the new Rushville Mayor, Mike Pavey.

I've never been able to be involved in the political process because of my postal job. However, after my retirement, I was able to actively participate and support a candidate for office for the first time.

The best part of it was my candidate won. Because of that win, the city of Rushville has a great chance to find its greatness once again and what sets it apart from other small communities.

Yesterday afternoon, at the 201 Building in downtown Rushville, a standing room only crowd gathered to witness the inauguration of Mike Pavey and his new city council, all of whom assumed their offices today.

After a very emotional and moving ceremony and several speeches, the crowd slowly began dispersing and heading towards whatever New Years plans they had made. I got a chance to tell Mayor Pavey that whatever help I could be to him, even though I am not a resident of Rushville, I would be available should he need me. I didn't make that offer lightly. I made that offer because I truly meant it and I will make myself available to do whatever I can to help Mike and the new council and the city of Rushville pull itself out of the downward spiral it has fallen into over the past four years.

Watching Mike take his oath yesterday and listening to his speech reminded just why I had supported Mike to begin with.

Mike Pavey believes in Rushville.

No comments: