Thursday, April 19, 2012

Seven Years

Seven years ago today I started this blogpage.

Seven years.

It's not always lived up to what I thought it would be when I started it, and other times it's far exceeded what I wanted to.

I've created controversy at times, I've had a mean spirited stalker who said he was supporting me yet found fault with everything I wrote and made sure to let me know it.

I've written a lot of poetry, some which I liked, some of which I loved and some of which I didn't much care for.

I've developed a following as such; those who I refer to as my Faithful Few and those who just happen by once in a while. I have readers who know me, those who don't and some who only think they know me.

I get e mails, phone calls, the very seldom comment and I have one reader who thinks everything I write is referring to them, which is by no means true. I guess Carly Simon's song "You're So Vain" does indeed fall into the "mundane" life of a blogger, albeit it indirectly.

There are aspects of my life that a lot of my poetry refers to. One of those things is the lack of a relationship with a certain family member, and it's a lot of those poems that people tend to think is relating to them.

Trust me, nothing could be further from the truth.

So, after seven years, I will continue to pursue my blogging, whether it be a poem, a short story, real or fiction, something that upsets me or excites me or is of interest to me.

I will continue to write some things that people will like, some they won't and some they think is about something else.

It's always up to you whether you continue to read or not.

I hope you continue, and I hope to occasionally hear from you all in some way or another.

I will continue to blog only when I feel like it or when it seems necessary to do so.

I know you won't always agree with what I write or like it, but I do hope you continue to read from time to time.

The words just beg to be set free every once in a while.

To quote myself: "Times they change as people do, but the past remains the same..."

Here's to another year of blogging!

No comments: