Saturday, July 07, 2012

Are You Freaking Kidding Me?




The all time record for the highest temperature ever recorded in Indiana is 106 degrees, set back in the Summer of 1936.

Yesterday the thermometer hit 105 degrees.

Right now as I am typing this it is 104 degrees right outside this wall of the room I am sitting in.

Yes, it's freaking hot.

No, it still hasn't freaking rained.

A small 40 percent chance of rain lies in tomorrow's forecast, as well as a cooling off to 91 degrees.

Yeah, cooling off to 91.

That sounds ridiculous, and it seems even more ridiculous to consider it feeling good outside at 91 degrees, but I'll guarantee you all of us going thru this heat will be able to tell a difference.

No, I won't be turning the a/c off anytime soon, because even with temperatures forecast to be back down in the 80s this week, the humidity will still be horrid.

We've not been doing any cooking out for obvious reasons. I normally do the outside cooking, Peggy does the inside cooking. I have this huge slab of beef ribs, some really nice looking ribeyes and some awesome looking boneless pork chops, just waiting to be cooked once the temperatures make it back down to where it won't be like standing in the pits of hell when I cook them.

Until then, I have no idea what the love of my life has decided on for supper tonight, but whatever it is, it will be delicious as always.

Now to decide whether to have chilled wine, ice cold beer or a pop to go along with that evening meal.

One thing I do know: That meal will be eaten inside in the cool confines of our air conditioned living room while watching the Nascar race from Daytona.

Now, if it would just the hell rain soon!!!

No comments: