Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Inquiring Minds Want To Know (But I'm Not Expecting An Honest Answer Here, Either!)

Listen in to most conversations these days, whether they be at work, the golf course, bowling alley or your favorite restaurant, and someone's conversation will be directed toward the price of gasoline these days. Now I'm not going to spend a lot of time on that right now, matter of fact, this is going to be a very short posting for me, and sometime later on we'll address this topic at greater length.

Can someone tell me why, when crude oil prices go up, IMMEDIATELY the price of gasoline at the pump jumps at the speed of light, yet, when crude oil prices go down, the drop of gas prices takes the better part of two weeks to be reflected on the pump?

And, since the price of gas jumped a few weeks back to around $2.40 a gallon, and has now dropped back to the somewhere between $2.10 and $2.20, have you noticed how we now think we're getting a bargain? This is called conditioning the consumer mind!

A year ago I was buying gas around a dollar to maybe $1.10 a gallon in Shelbyville. No one on the face of this earth is going to convince me that the price has honestly more than doubled.

However, it has occured to me that since we have a president who also has strong holdings in oil company stocks, that probably not a damned thing is going to be done as far as congressionally investigating why the Amercian consumer is being gouged with the price of gasoline!

Glad I've decided to quit taking out of state vacations and making any unnecessary trips anywhere until this nonsense is stopped. My mountain bicycle is looking better and better all the time, folks!

No comments: