Sunday, February 26, 2006

Anniversary Analogy

A feeling rises in my throat
Each time you walk by,
Causing my breath to become short
And my head a little dizzy.

My palms become sweaty,
A smile invades my face
And I find myself smiling
Even tho I don't want that smile there.

A numbness comes into my chest
And the intrigue of being nearing you
Places a feeling in my heart
Never caused by another.

How, after all this time
Can you still do this to me
Make my love grow stronger
And yearn to be with you more?

Twenty four hours a day isn't enough
Time for us to be together,
But it's all God allows to have
Day in, day out, year in, and year out.

You've been in my life now for over 30 years
And a part of me now for twenty-eight.
I can't imagine life without you now,
I can't imagine starting each day without you
And hope I never have to.

2 comments:

Mea said...

Oh wow, this is true love. *sigh* something that has eluded me to this point in my life. I am in awe that you can pen such words.. she is lucky. Let there be more out there. Thanks for this.

RainbowDemon1952 said...

Thanks, Autumn, and yes, I assure you, I'm one lucky man to have a wife as wonderful as I have. She's my soulmate and words don't even begin to do justice to how I feel about her. The lady deserves a gold medal for putting up with me for the past 30 years, I assure you. And don't get discouraged about that eluding you so far in your life. I was 26 years old before we were married and up until that point in my life, well, you've read part of that in my earlier entries. So keep the faith, and don't rush things. When the right one comes along it will happen so fast you won't even know it's happening. And as always, I thank you for the comments. They mean so much to me and keep me motivated to keep on writing. Take care, and keep on doing your thing.
Charlie