Wednesday, March 01, 2006

An Update of Sorts, Amen!

Someone recently came up to me and asked me why I hadn't posted anything recently as far my views go on some kind of current event going on and that they missed that. Actually, there are several reasons for that.

Number one, since I had both of my surgeries back in December, I've not really felt a great deal like sitting in front of the keyboard for any meaningful length of time because frankly, it hurts quite a bit still, even all these weeks later. Apparently, the problem now is not my carpal tunnel post surgery, but the degenerative arthritis I have in my spine. I have a pretty bad case according to the neurologist, and apparently I have bone spurs now that are pressing into the nerves along my spine in the area that controls my right shoulder, arm and hand. In the past two weeks the pain has become nearly constant and is some of the worst pain I've ever had to endure. I know I need to get back to the doctor, but trust me, with what I've spent out of my pocket already and the fact that my sick leave has all but run out, I'm going to have to work something out other than see yet another doctor.

Also, I do indeed plan on getting back with the program here and on a much more routine basis. I have several ideas in the works for topics I would like to discuss and expound upon, and I am also trying to locate some of my writings from 25 or so years ago that I'm going to include on the site, hoping that my faithful will find entertaining.

So bear with me, faithful readers, I promise that very soon there will a more routine schedule of blogs to appear. As our warmer weather slowly approaches, I'm hoping the pain subsides and I have began a more faithful regimen of physical therapy in an effort to try and help myself out.

In the meantime, please continue to check back with me from time to time and I will do my best to serve up more drivel from the bent mind of the original Rainbow Demon.

And no, I'm not planning on selling the rights to my page to the United Arab Emirates at anytime soon, either!

2 comments:

Mea said...

It pained me to read this. I wish that there was someting I could do to help out. Alas im in training to become a paramedic not a doctor. I hate that you currently must endure this agony... the consistency of it must make it harder to bear. know that you are in our thoughts and our prayers always. I check here often for prose, poetry, or an update. Thanks so much for touching my life. Keep getting better for i miss your entries and comments.
Autumn

RainbowDemon1952 said...

Thanks so much, Autumn. I can't begin to even tell you how bad the past few weeks have been, all I can say it is some of the worst pain I've even experienced in my entire life. I'm trying my best to get better with exercising here at home and with my meds, but it's a long road right now...hopefully someday soon the pain will start lifting. Thanks for the concern and the nice comments, and I'm really going to make an effort to get on here regularly now and do some serious writing. Thanks to you once again!
Charlie