Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Looking Back Today


I hope that when you look back and think
Of those special moments we shared
That a smile finds its way to your lips
And you don't have memories that despair.

You and I shared a difficult time
And we eased each other thru them
We nurtured each other and gave us both hope
During a time full of strife and mayhem.

As the years go by and our thoughts return
To that special time we survived
Those feelings return awakening for a while
And the strong love that was there, despite.

From time to time, when our lives seem distressed
Our thoughts return to that time
And we oft wonder, if things had been different
Would we still be together, or divided.

The past has a way of returning to mind
Tender moments we shared in the past
Yet we somehow remind ourselves of these things
And know in our hearts, they never would last.

Today is today, the past is the past,
And tomorrow we know not what holds.
Yet when we look back, we can smile as we did,
Yet not knowing what our futures beholds.

I now look ahead, to a change in my life
As I know that you also must do
And I hope that you are happy with the moments we shared
I could not have gotten this far without you.

No comments: