Thursday, April 14, 2011

When You're Wrong, You're Wrong





As I found out earlier today, I was indeed wrong about returning to work on April the 18th. When my sling came off yesterday after six weeks, I realized just how much mobility of my right arm I have temporarily lost.

I had a very intense therapy session yesterday and one at home last night, and the ice bag and I have had a reunion of which I'm sure is going to take place twice a day for the next several weeks. Stretching shoulder and arm muscles is NOT without extreme pain.

I realized before I drove home from the therapist yesterday that there was no way I could go back to work on Monday.

At my surgeon appointment this morning I was told two more weeks before I can return to work, and then with a lot of restrictions.

So, another therapy appointment tomorrow and two a week for the next six weeks. Then we evaluate progress and decide if I need more therapy. I'm hoping that will be all it takes. I'm good at doing my home therapy and don't miss a session.

The picture accompanying this entry is a photo of a piece of equipment I am using now at home. It isn't a medieval torture device, although it feels like it could have been at one time. It's a pulley system that is helping stretch my shoulder and arm muscles back into shape.

This little contraption is going to make me good as new. For all the pain it is causing me, it better!

No comments: