Friday, April 29, 2011

Returning To Work On Monday






It's been a long, painful and emotional eight and a half weeks since I last worked. This coming Monday, I will return to work with a new right shoulder, and I'll return knowing that I will be limited by doctor's orders as to what I can exactly do.

This is not new to me, having had shoulder surgery on the left shoulder 11 years ago. However, I am now 11 years older than back then, so I know my progression is going to be a bit different paced. I also won't have my sister working beside me to help me readjust.

I don't know exactly what to expect, but I do know that in the past, our group of workers have always chipped in and helped a fellow worker out. I can only hope that hasn't changed like everything else seems to have done.

I will continue with daily home physical therapy, twice a week appointments with my physical therapist and once a month visits to the surgeon. Will careful monitoring, I should be as good as new come July 2nd.

I just hope getting to July 2nd won't be that big of a venture.

We're short-staffed, restricted by an unrealistic budget and it's a different world than it was 11 years ago.

I'm sure I can do my job with the restrictions I have to follow. I'm sure that certain co-workers will be willing to help me out when the need arises.

I'm hoping new management since 11 years ago is as understanding and willing to help as they were in the past.

We shall see.

In the meantime, I have two days to get the mind set back in the old groove. There will be no vacations to look forward to this year since recovery from this surgery has eaten up ALL my vacation and sick time.

Good Lord willing, before the close of 2011, I will clock out for the final time, if that be His will.

I'm hoping He and I are seeing eye to eye on this one.

This tired, fat old bald fart is ready for quieter days with no one but a Higher Power to answer to.

Hopefully I've earned that, hopefully I deserve that, and hopefully that can be mine before the end of this year.

Now I just have to get thru that first week back to work.

Wish me luck!!!

No comments: