Saturday, December 31, 2011

I So Want To Be Wrong This Time

















There are times when I get feelings and so much of the time those feelings have basis and purpose.

Back in late 2007 or 2008 I wrote a blog and posted it regarding our nation's economy and gas prices and how I felt we were on the tip of having the worst set back economically since the Great Depression.

A few months later, exactly what I thought would happen, did.

Since that time, slowly, but surely, our economy has been trying to rebound.

The mistake that the oil companies made back then was that prices rose too fast and the economic state of our nation rebelled.

This time, however, the changes have been suttle. Eight cents here, twenty cents there, back them down a nickel, and people tend to not notice what's happening.

Looking at gas prices as we close out this year and where they are should frighten the hell out of any clear thinking American.

The economic death knell is sounding again, but it's a quiet knell this time, and people aren't seeming to notice it as much.

But it's sounding, and it's coming, folks, it's coming.

Gas prices are going to head right back up to the mid $4 range this year, and probably be even closer to $5. We are getting ready to fall back economically, and though the oil companies think they've got a handle on it this time, trust me, they don't. They are messing with the very core of our nation's economy once again, and maybe this time, just maybe, they will succeed is driving us into economic oblivion.

If people can't afford to buy gas, they quit driving as much as they can. They quit driving, they put less miles on vehicles, less miles, no reason to buy a new vehicle. New vehicle sales drop, production of new vehicles drops. Production drops, companies that provide goods to the auto industry cut production, workers aren't needed. People lose jobs, income drops, no money being spent, government once again spends billions more in unemployment benefits and the national debt continues to rise.

Gloomy picture, isn't it?

Worst of all, it's coming once again folks, and the idiots in control of our nation are going to sit back and do NOTHING about it, because, it's not going to affect them as much as it is you and me.

Hmmm, it's an election year, so many of those who are in control of Congress are going to do everything they can to make the nation's leader look bad in an effort to get him voted out, regardless of what it does to our nation as a whole.

And the worst part of it all is that it will succeed somewhat, and the idiots that put these idiots in Congress will probably go back to the polls and give them the opportunity to do it to us all once again.

Pass the vaseline, please!

I hope and pray that I am wrong, but I don't think so, and I think it's just a matter of time that 2008 will seem like a great year considering where we are headed.

Wake up America, before it's too late.

The clock is ticking and time is indeed running out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As I say on my own FB page about me....on the comment section of politics....I got VIEWS...AND THEN SOME!!! lol....I get into so much trouble with my speaking on this....and even though I do look a lot like a fool spouting off....I speak only truths as I have witnessed them to be. Boils down to making one wonder how much you can commit to religion and still have a great faith in our nation as a whole. One confuses me alot, the other just flat out pisses me off...and then makes my religion seem null..I like your blog.....much of it I can so relate to. Will talk to you real soon...want to find out how you did the music...I WANT IT TOO...LOL....I am....always will be....a ROCK N ROLL BABE...and early 70's are kewl too...Vicki Self Curry-(just down & across the road from ya)