Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Springing Into Spring


















The first day of Spring 2012 has arrived, and unlike most chilly Indiana Spring's, this one feels like a day in Summer. We have been experiencing a most unlikely warm Spring so far, and several records have been broken as temperatures for the past week have been in the upper 70s and lower 80s. Today, another record should fall as we creep into the mid 80s with temperatures forecast to hit 85.

This past Saturday I mowed for the first time, and if memory serves me correctly, I have never mowed that early, ever! As green as that grass is and as quickly as it is growing, I am pretty certain either later today or tomorrow I'll be mowing yet again.

The nice thing this year, I have all the time in the world I need to keep up with the grass. I'm not locked into mowing on weekends or after work only as I can now mow whenever I take a notion to.

I have several outdoor projects in mind and all the time in the world now to do them. I can have my coffee out on the porch, build a small fire in the firepit and cook meals and I can take my Bose outside and listen to tunes while reading a favorite book.

Hopefully this will be the nicest Spring I've experienced since I graduated from high school 42 years ago. These small little things that don't seem important to many mean the world to me and these are the days of my early retirement that I have been looking most forward to.

And with those words out of the way, it's off to venture the world of Spring 2012 and the first Spring of my retirement. To each of you, my Faithful Few and those of you who may have ventured by on your first visit, I humbly wish you a wonderful first day of Spring and hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm sure I will mine.

No comments: