Saturday, February 23, 2013

I Will Never Understand





I have never understood, nor will I ever understand, what enjoyment some get out of hurting others feelings, be it with words or actions. The concept is beyond my grasp.

But, so many do enjoy doing this and enjoy inflicting pain, emotional and mental, simply by directing words or actions against another.

I've blogged before about how I eliminated several Facebook friends because of their postings, which were simply either trying to evoke someone's emotions or cause someone pain with the post.

Most of those ignorant and evil people have no place in my life anymore, and sure, some will say "I was just expressing my opinion" but that certainly wasn't the entire reason for the post they made. I even had one friend tell me he makes a lot of those posts "just to see who I can piss off and get a reaction from them."

Sorry, but someone who lives their life doing this must really be starved for attention or simply just enjoying arguing or provoking people.

What a sorry way to live a life.

I try so very hard NOT to hurt people or their feelings. Sure, I screw up at times and I will admit I have made Facebook postings before and then thought of how it might affect someone emotionally, and I try and get that post removed before it does do damage to someone's feelings.

But I do not intentionally go out of my way and deliberately try and offend or hurt someone.

Hopefully I've made a point here, if for no other than reason to spare one person's feelings from being hurt.

No comments: