Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Thirty-Five Years




As hard as it is to believe, this coming Friday, February 22nd, will mark Peggy's and my 35th wedding anniversary.

There's been so much that has happened in all those years, and I won't lie and tell you they have all been awesome and wonderful years, but believe me when I do tell you that there isn't anyone on the face of this earth that I would have rather spent the last thirty-five years with.

We had a lot of things against us when we first started out, and we've tackled several obstacles over the years. Thru them all, however, we have remained together, for better or worse, in sickness and health, for richer and for poorer and we've beaten the odds when the odds were stacked against us at times.

I'm not bragging, I'm not gloating, I'm merely stating that I truly believe the good Lord above brought us together, despite all the challenges and the differences, and He knew we would rise above all those things and that we would truly be soulmates for the rest of our lives.

He's allowed us to walk down a troubled path at times, but those walks have strengthened us and have taken our love to new heights and made us both realize how very blessed we both are to have each other and to share a love so strong and so positive.

We have enrichened each others lives and we have developed a bond that rarely two people have nowadays...

This past weekend we went back to Sybaris for the first time in a few years and we reserved ourselves a chalet for the first time and we spent an afternoon, an evening, a night and a morning together, just the two of us, with no contact from the outside world. It was a special and intimate time and it was a time to reflect and be thankful for all we have and for all we have gone thru together...

I'm blessed beyond words, and I consider my marriage the biggest single blessing in my life. My wife Peggy has endured a lot with me and she's seen a great deal of changes in me over the years and thankfully, she has stayed with me thru it all. I am in awe of her each and everyday I have the pleasure of being around her. She completes who I am like no one else ever could and over the years I have discovered just how deep the depth of my love for her goes, as does hers for me.

So, in another three days, we will celebrate another calendar year together and we shall cross over the thirty-five year mark and continue on in this journey of life, love and marriage together.

How could I have ever doubted we would have come this far together?

I love you, Peggy Sue...happy 35th anniversary to you!

No comments: