Sunday, August 06, 2006

Ann

Confusion abounds....

I'm never at a loss, normally, for what direction my life should take, but for the moment, I'm totally at a loss.

My wife's step mom died yesterday, and when she died she hated me and had held those feelings for over the past sixteen or so years, all due to a stupid misunderstanding.

The problem I'm having with this is that she hated me for reasons that were not a fault of my own...

I had told my wife on many occasions that someday this woman would leave this world hating me, and it would not be of my own doing.

I had no idea it would be this soon.

And even though it was a stupid misunderstanding, I can never get her to see my side of what happened...

And THAT is what is killing me tonight as I write this...

No, I wasn't wrong all those years ago....

But now, I'll never have the chance to make things better between us...

And that will never, ever, leave my mind....

3 comments:

Mea said...

Oh hun. I am so so sorry. Regards to your wife as well.
Things can happen so fast.. makes all of us want to repair our ouw missunderstandings; however, some never will due to other things at hand. I am so sorry for your loss and the torture that you now are enduring due to unrepared tears in the family.
So sorry
My thoughts are with you and yours
Autumn

Mea said...

Dear friend, I havent noticed anything for a bit, ok so its only been a few days. I am wondering how you are.... are you feeling better... cant wait to see some more entries hun. I have quite a few.. would be honored if u would read them. Hope all is well
Mea

RainbowDemon1952 said...

Autumn, Thanks for the kind words and the concern. It's been a hell of a week, Hon, but I'm getting thru it, one day at a time. Someday I hope I come to the total realization that I had done everything within my power to solve the differences this woman and I had, and while I know deep in my heart that none of this was of my own doing, it still bothers me intensely that someone left this world truly hating me and never being honest and admitting that the one who was to blame was not me but them. Each day I hope to get closer to accepting this in my heart.
I have Remembering Summer Heat Part Six partially written at this point, and I'm hoping in the next couple of days to have it ready to publish. While it won't be quite the exciting entry the last couple were, I still hope my faithful few will find it interesting and entertaining nonetheless.
And yes, there's much more left to write, and those will be coming up soon as well. It's hard to silence someone who has so much yet to tell.
Thanks so much once again for the kind words and concern. You are truly a very close and wonderful friend and the bond we share is such a wonderful possession of mine of which I am very proud.
Charlie