Saturday, February 26, 2011

Waiting on Waiting...





The top floor suite, left side, is where Peggy and I spent the past few days celebrating our anniversary, the end of winter and enjoying some quality time before my upcoming surgery on March 2nd.

We spent a very relaxing past few days, albeit a couple of them were really plagued by some very intense pain in my right shoulder. I'm off several of my meds now in preparation for the surgery, so the pain has been increasing the last week and half or so.

Monday, I have to take an unexpected day off from work for a pre-surgery screening on the northwest side of Indy. Hopefully I pass this exam with flying colors and am able to go to work for the last time for a few weeks on Tuesday.

After working Tuesday, Peggy and I will head to Indy to a hotel room we rented for a couple of nights and then I have surgery on Wednesday morning at 9:30AM, head back to the hotel for a day of recovery, then up Thursday AM, a drive to Fishers to the OrthoIndy office for a day after follow up appointment, and then back home to start the healing and therapeutic process.

As the time grows closer, thoughts and worries begin racing thru my mind. I haven't yet decided whether this will be my last entry before surgery or not.

If it is, I'll be back with you all sometime later on, no doubt to be determined by the pain factor.

If not, I'll probably make one more entry to really lay out how I'm feeling.

I will just be glad when this is all over.

2 comments:

Maxi said...

I'm sure that you will have some more posting after this. God bless you.

RainbowDemon1952 said...

Thanks so much. I'm sure I will, too. Just don't know how I'll do typing with one hand for a while, but I'm sure I'll manage. Thanks for reading and thanks for the kind comment!