Sunday, November 20, 2011

Number Three?

















This afternoon, Nascar's Sprint Cup Series finale takes place at Homestead-Miami, Florida, and the Sprint Cup Champion will be crowned.

It's down to two of the most deserving drivers in Nascar: Carl Edwards and Tony Stewart.

Without question, since I personally know Tony and have been a fan of his way back to when he was driving 3/4 midgets, I'm going to be pulling for him to win his third championship, his first as an owner-driver. I'm a Chevy man, so naturally, since Tony drives a Chevy, that's another reason to be pulling for him.

Carl Edwards, a very nice young man and a very capable and talented driver and a very good sportsman is leading Tony as they start today's race by a mere 3 points.
Carl, while I like him as an individual and as a driver, drives a Ford. Okay, I totally hate Fords, and since owning a brand new Ford back in 1976 that had an engine defect that Ford wouldn't stand behind, I have sworn I would never own another one. So for that reason, I really would rather not see Carl win.

Also, Carl drives for Jack Rousch. I'm not a fan of Jack's, either, so there's yet another reason to hope that Carl doesn't win.

However, they are both very deserving of a win today and to win the championship, and it another six hours or so, it will have all been decided.

I'm not sure who the winner will be, I will truly be happy either way, I would just be a lot more satisfied if the winner of the Cup would be Tony Stewart.

And then, my sights will turn to February and the return of the Nascar season when the Daytona 500 premiers the 2012 season on February 26th.

For now, come on Tony!

No comments: