Sunday, March 12, 2006

A Legend

What gives you the power to judge me
To decide when I'm right and when I'm wrong?
What gives you the ability to decide
Just exactly on which side I belong?

What gives you the power to judge me
And to delegate the path my life shall take?
And who do you think you are that I should have to obey you
Over all the decisions in my life I'll make?

I've tried to be a friend to you, I've tried to make you happy
And I know that isn't possible all the time.
But where do you get the nerve from, to try and live my life for me
And to treat me like some useless form of slime?

We used to call ourselves close friends and I really thought we were
But I didn't see the error of my ways.
It was until much later on and many years had passed
That I discovered you were simply playing games.

The human heart is a fragile thing and needs
To be handled much but with care,
You stomped on mine with both your feet
And left me in despair.

As time moved on and years went by
I learned the truth that lies within your heart.
You manipulated me and pulled my life into yours
And did your best to break this soul apart.

I've wisened up, I've learned your tricks and have seen
The hell you cause those around you.
I now refuse to be a prisoner of yours
And be one of those "friends" you try and screw.

And although I'm told that I am a tender
And loving soul
I now refuse to let you put me
In your preconceived human mold.

Do me a favor and move along you ass
And get the fuck out of my life
I don't need your controlling ways
To add misery and pain and heavy strife.

Move on, depart, and set me free and let
Me be on my own.
Stay out of my life, stay away from my dreams
And leave me the fuck alone.

I pity you, you shameless fool and am sick to death
Of your kind.
Because all you are, quite simply old friend,
Is a legend in your own mind.

No comments: