Sunday, October 03, 2010

It Rained, It Really Rained!!!

After nearly two months of near drought conditions and the driest August on record for Indiana, the skies opened for a short while yesterday and blessed us with three tenths of an inch of rain. It was a blessing, indeed.

On our first day of vacation, Peggy and I made the trip to Shelbyville and purchased the necessary items to make a pot of chili. With temps staying in the 50's yesterday and clouds and rain, it hit the spot, to say the least.

My good friend Rick came over and installed two sensor floodlights for us, which should really come in handy this winter when we arrive home after dark. He's a really great friend and knows a lot more about that kind of stuff than I do.

Two weeks of vacation now lies ahead, and Peggy and I should be spending a lot of quality time together over the next fifteen days.

Lord, but I love the fall and spending it with my wife!

I'm a very lucky man, for sure!

No comments: