Monday, October 11, 2010

Rebuilt and Reopened







In a blog I posted a little over two years ago, I showed pictures of the Moscow Covered Bridge after a tornado destroyed it and left it lying in ruin in the Flatrock River.

A week ago, Peggy and I took a drive down to Moscow, a few weeks after the bridge was reopened. It was the first time I had been down to Moscow in years, and thankfully, I never actually saw the bridge after the tornado had done its deed.

I am so glad to see the bridge has been rebuilt very close to the way the Kennedy Brothers originally built it all those many years ago, and it is indeed a beautiful sight to behold.

The bridge once again spans the Flatrock at a length of 335 feet.

If you get a chance, take a drive down to Moscow and see the beautiful job they have done restoring and rebuilding, with not one dime spent out of the taxpayers' pockets.

No comments: