Sunday, October 17, 2010

Reality Returns Tomorrow


Once again another October vacation has come and once again it is drawing to an end. The weather was totally awesome, wonderful temperatures most of the time, and we got a half inch of rain on Wednesday this past week, which was needed very badly.

We took several day trips, two overnighters, had several great meals and shared some good drinks. We saw beautiful fall colors, spent much quality time together and discussed plans for our future.

Tomorrow reality returns and with it the responsibilities of both of our jobs. I'm sure it will take us both a couple of days to become acclimated again, but no doubt we will fall back into the natural swing of things without too much trouble.

I can only hope when retirement finally does arrive (still haven't made up mind as of this writing) we can find as much enjoyment in it as we did the past couple of weeks. Other than a couple of hours when Peggy went to town to do a little shopping, we spent the entire past 17 days together.

I thank God for the time we had off the past two weeks and I also thank Him for the great jobs both of us have to return to tomorrow.

I also thank Him in advance for showing me what direction to go as I seriously contemplate retirement.

No comments: