Sunday, December 11, 2011

It Feels Strange, But I Like It

















What a strange feeling it is this year to be able to sit back and leisurely enjoy the Christmas season without all the fanfare and stress of work. I stopped by my old work stomping grounds a couple of weeks ago and it was indeed a strange feeling, not to have to get all up in the work end of it. It was good to see a few of my co-workers as well.

My only trip back to the post office this year will probably be to pick up a few Christmas stamps when I mail the cards, but otherwise, I don't think I'll be heading back there anytime soon.

A very busy week lies ahead for my former co workers this week and part of the next one, and I know they are up the challenge. It just seems strange that for the first time in 33 years I won't be partaking of the job of getting things from here to there for everyone.

But, it's a feeling I believe I'll be getting used to and enjoying...

Yes, retirement does indeed have its benefits.

No comments: