Thursday, December 22, 2011

Not What I Was Expecting

















For the first time in 33 years, I was looking forward to a different kind of Christmas season. No longer working for the post office, I thought this would be a totally enjoyable Christmas season.

One thing for sure, it's going to be different. There will be parts that will be enjoyable, I know, but everything leading up to it has been totally unexpected.

My earlier blog regarding my father in law was just the beginning, Faithful Few.

Roy has been transferred to a different hospital, another 50 minutes away. My cold that has been holding on and refusing to let go has kept me from being able to visit with him, but with him already having pneumonia, I knew it best to keep away.

Earlier this week, Monday if my memory is correct, and I'll have to assume for the moment that it is, my mother-in-law, who has been divorced from Roy for 46 years, fell after delivering an Avon customer's order and broke her leg. This was the same leg she had a knee replacement in a short while back. She was taken to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis and underwent surgery to repair the break and have a metal rod put in her leg.

She comes thru surgery fine, and during a chest x-ray Tuesday morning, they discover that she has an embolism on her lung, so, she is now on medication for that, has been receiving blood tranfusions, and was told that she won't be out of the hospital until after Christmas.

As she is under the knife Monday evening and getting the necessary surgery on her leg, her mother, Peggy's grandmother, is rushed to Methodist Hospital (yes, the same one) with a bowel blockage. She went thru total hell with this back in June, and after two surgeries, is now suffering the same symptons all over again.

So, indeed, this is going to be a very unique Christmas season for us, but nothing at all like the Christmas season I was thinking it was going to be. Each time the phone rings right now, I dread answering it for fear something else has gone wrong.

Anyway, not meaning to cry, piss and moan, but this is going to be the most unusual Christmas we have ever had. Hopefully, when all is said and done, the good Lord will grant a complete and thorough healing to them all.

It appears as I write this that sometime in the near future, barring any other complications, Peggy's Mom and Dad, who divorced 46 years earlier, will probably be doing rehab in the same nursing home. How ironic.

In case this is my last entry before the Christmas holiday, I will take just a moment and wish each of you all a very Merry Christmas and our Lord's richest and abundant blessings to you all. I hope each and everyone of you has the best Christmas ever.

And if you could be so kind, please keep Peggy and myself in your prayers as well, and please mention Roy, Sue and Mary as well, and ask the Lord to bless them all with a total and complete healing.

Merry Christmas, 2011, to all of my Faithful Few.

No comments: