Friday, January 29, 2010

Winter Continues To Suck!!!

Winter continues to bring my mood down. The lack of sunshine, the cold, which I truly hate because it drives me inside so much this time of year.

Things seem to bother me more this time of year, and I get sick of all the drama people seem to thrive on when they try to push their own misery on you.

I hate feeling this way, because I'm really not the type of person who gets this far down, and believe me, I'm down right now.

Less than two weeks away from the first vacation of the year.

Hopefully I will get the mood enhancement I need when that vacation finally gets here, and hopefully, the weather will improve, the Colts will win the Superbowl, and Tony Stewart will win the Daytona 500.

That would be a great start!

2 comments:

Rufus Goofus said...

Yes indeed, winter in Indiana is a downer. Anyway, ran across several old photos of Rushville. Talk about a downer Rushville has become since:

http://cgi.ebay.com/IN-Rushville-Indiana-Rushville-Pharmacy_W0QQitemZ370317515483QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5638a4dadb

Passed through Rushville recently and it wasn't a pretty sight. What has become of our little town? It has really gone downhill since the 1960s. The downtown buildings then were fully occupied and their outward appearance was pleasing. Now look at it! To return after 35 years and see how far Rushville has deteriorated is sad. My intention is not to push misery on you, but I must confess, Rushville is miserable looking compared to what it once was.

But look on the bright side. If we can just survive February, March will roll around and these gawd-awful cold temperatures will be gone.

RainbowDemon1952 said...

I agree, it is sad to see what is slowly happening to our community, however, it is just not our community it is happening to. A drive thru a lot of Midwestern towns in this day and age reveals much of the same.
It will be so nice to get thru the remainder of winter and see spring arrive and bring with it a sense of renewal.