Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Another Day Closer

Spring is one day closer now.

I keep telling myself that. Being someone who is "sunshine dependent" as I am, I'm glad to know that for each day that passes we get one day closer to Spring. I also keep hoping that maybe this year we might have a real Spring, instead of what we seem to have gotten accustomed to, which is a later Winter, taking forever to pass, and Spring showing up sometime around the end of April or the first part of May.

I know Winter serves its purposes, but again, when we get into the January and February "Dark Days" as I like to call them, the sun seems to either hide entirely or only come out a few minutes before sunset.

It's that sunshine that I miss and that takes its toll on me each year at this time.

Honestly, I would love to see early October weather year round. I love the coolness of the air in the morning and evenings, and I love the warmth we feel during the day. The Autumn colors add such a beautiful hue to life each day, and it's something that tends to make me wonder in awe at the process that it takes to produce those colors each year.

I'm a person who normally bypasses "Spring Fever" but tends to have "Fall Fever" instead.

This year, however, I do believe I'll be like so many others that I talk to and I have a feeling I'll be right there with them this year when my own case of "Spring Fever" hits me.

I also have a feeling I'll be smiling a lot more, too.

No comments: