Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Vacation Looming

Each year as we pass thru the holidays and into the new year, things begin to pick up at work in different areas that have no resemblance to the holidays at all. That, Faitfhful Few, is the dreaded TAX SEASON!!! Christmas hits us for about 3 1/2 weeks, while taxes envelope(pun intended) 3 1/2 months. Luckily for me, during this time of year, I have a wedding anniversary my wife and I celebrate each year with a vacation. Thankfully that time is nearly here.

As football seasons draws to its end and as Nascar season begins, usually the weekend of the Daytona 500 signals that first vacation of the year. Being within just a few days of that vacation allows anticipation to grow.

The Duels at Daytona are Thursday, and I decided this year to take off Thursday for the Duels, and decided to just forego work altogether on Friday and take that day off as well, turning my week vacation into a week and a half one. The best part of that is that as of right now, that leaves me 16 hours of work between me and that first vacation of the year.

As much as I love my job, I do love vacation and I do love getting away with my lovely bride of nearly 32 years. I'm hoping the snow decides to be over in the next couple of days and that the inclement weather does nothing to impede us getting away for some much needed time alone.

Hopefully Mother Nature provides us with good weather in Florida for the Duels and great weather next week here in good old Indiana.

I not only want this vacation, I truly NEED this vacation.

No comments: